About Me

My photo
I've been married for almost 6 years and I live in the great state of Washington. I'm a new mother. I work at Ballou Junior High School as an ASL interpreter. I enjoy my job very much! I have a dog, Hero. He's a Border Collie and is almost 3 years old..he's pretty dang smart! I like baking, as I said. Right now all I can think about is making cookies, pies,breads, ect...maybe its because fall is in the air.

Monday, December 27, 2010

Mom's the word

Okay..so Halloween came and went, as well as Thanksgiving...and now Christmas is over! Time has flown by!!

Thanksgiving was an amazing experience. Making the dinner myself, with the exception of the turkey. I had all the intentions of taking pictures of everything I made and how I made it every step of the way..but man!! Making Thanksgiving dinner is hard!! It's all about the timing!! I felt rushed the whole time!! But man oh man, was the dinner good!! We had a friend come over, and that experience was..well..unforgettable. Not really in a good way. If you want the whole story, message me on facebook. Wow.

 Tripp ate his first bite of mama's mashed potatoes that day!! And from that day on we've been eating solids everyday!! I make his own food; it's super easy!! I love doing it!! He looooooves butternut squash. But he's not a big fan of my peas. He gags, he spits,he sprays, and he squishes his face into the cutest "gross" face ever.  He likes Gerber peas, though. Oh well, you win some, you lose some. I really want him to eat his vegetables so I've been giving him fruit as a desert after he eats all of his veggies. It has made for a few fussy dinners...but I think its worth it. Well..its hard to know if he's fussing because he wants the fruit, or if it's because I can't shovel the food into his mouth fast enough.
  

Between then and now, we've been really working on crawling. He's almost got it down. He can army crawl with the best of them! Only recently has he been trying to crawl up on his hands and knees. It's adorable watching him. He's fascinated with the kitchen...and Hero's water dish. Yeah...that's started. He's just plain fascinated with Hero himself! He loves crawling over to him and trying to catch his tail or his paw..but poor Hero just wants to be left alone. The other day Tripp was playing with his toys on the floor, and Hero was across the room chewing on his bone. I decided to check my facebook and noticed it got quiet...never a good sign. I look over, and there's Tripp where Hero was with his bone in his mouth and Hero standing there with a look on his face that could only be described as helpless. Of course, I jumped up screaming "NO!" and gave a command to Hero as I was running over there saying "GET IT! GET IT!!" He just looked at me like as if to say "You get it."
But, there are times when Tripp will be playing and Hero will walk by, sniff his ear, and give him a few sloppy wet ones on the face. Tripp laughs and the exchange is over. I love watching their relationship form.


A few weeks ago Tripp started to say MOM! At first I thought it was a fluke. But then I noticed he was looking at me saying "Momomomomomom!" That got me wondering maybe it wasn't a fluke. The final straw was when we put him in bed for the night and he was calling "Mom! Mama! Moooom! Momomomomom!" It melted my heart!!! Now, we're working on Dada!

Christmas was magical! Being able to play Santa was a dream come true for us. Poor Tripp is sick, so that was a challenge. He sat in his Bumbo watching his older cousins open their presents with curiosity. He opened his presents in between sneezes and nose blows and was pretty content throughout the whole thing. He loves his new toys! I might be in love with them as well!!

Well, I can hear Tripp from the bedroom sadly crying "Momomom!" So I guess that's my cue. I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas and lets hope for a Happy New Year!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment