About Me

My photo
I've been married for almost 6 years and I live in the great state of Washington. I'm a new mother. I work at Ballou Junior High School as an ASL interpreter. I enjoy my job very much! I have a dog, Hero. He's a Border Collie and is almost 3 years old..he's pretty dang smart! I like baking, as I said. Right now all I can think about is making cookies, pies,breads, ect...maybe its because fall is in the air.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Creepy Crawly

I've learned that time flies by too fast!


   I got home yesterday from work and the first thing that Kevin said to me was "Tripp is trying to crawl!!" To which I immediately replied "I don't believe you! I refuse!!" He then set him down on the blanket for some tummy time and then..it happened. He didn't crawl, but there was some definite forward movement!! He stuck his butt up in the air, straightened his legs out and puuuushed with all his might with his toes forward! And sure enough, he scooted across the blanket. His hands were down to his side so his poor face was dragging on the blanket, but it was plushy so I didn't worry too much.At one point, he was on all fours, for about a second!  After watching him do this for about 5 minutes I started crying! My little man is growing up waaay too fast!! He'll be 4 months on Sunday!! FOUR months! My sister started to crawl at 5 months, so I guess its in the family.  

He's rolling over onto his tummy so fast now! It's like he doesn't really have to use any effort at all. It's the fastest roll over I have ever seen!! Today, he rolled over so fast and then promptly started trying to crawl...this scared me soo much!! Not because I thought he'd hurt himself or whatever, but because the want to move is so strong in this kid! He's pretty busy! 

It's been so fascinating watching him grow. Now that we're nearing the crawling stage, I'm excited and somewhat scared. I guess not knowing what's ahead is the scary part. It's kind of like when I was pregnant and waiting to deliver. I was so scared! But then I did it and It wasn't so bad. Then taking him home was scary. The unknown of it all. It's so much better now...I'm pretty comfortable with how to take care of him NOW. But, now I'm scared all over again!! The great unknown! I guess that describes motherhood. Exciting and scary. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see him start exploring the world around him and learning things! It's just that he's going to be into everything! Maybe I should have registered for a gate! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment