About Me

My photo
I've been married for almost 6 years and I live in the great state of Washington. I'm a new mother. I work at Ballou Junior High School as an ASL interpreter. I enjoy my job very much! I have a dog, Hero. He's a Border Collie and is almost 3 years old..he's pretty dang smart! I like baking, as I said. Right now all I can think about is making cookies, pies,breads, ect...maybe its because fall is in the air.

Monday, September 20, 2010

"Nap" time

I've learned that when Tripp is quiet in his crib, he's not always sleeping.

  Tripp has been reaaalllly cranky all day long and has refused to take a nap. He didn't want to be held,lay down, sit up, even his favorite tummy time was a bad idea. So, I bundled him up, put the binky in his mouth, set him on his back in the middle of  his crib, shut the door, and walked away...just to see what would happen. I don't think I have ever heard such a cry before..it was pitiful. But, I held my ground and tried to ignore him.

   Kevin was cleaning out the car and rather than listen to him cry, I went outside to help him. When we finished we came in the house and all was quiet. Success!! I felt rather pleased with myself. Kevin tip-toed over to the door and put his ear to it...Noise. Well, at least he wasn't crying, right? Kevin opened the door and gasped "MEGAN! Look!!" I ran over to find Tripp out of his bundle, moved up to the edge of his crib on his TUMMY! He looked over at his and his expression was like "Hey..whats up?" He was even holding onto the bars! That's right people!! At the age of 3 months, my son has rolled over from his back to his tummy!! What have I gotten myself into?? Lots..and lots..and lots..of fun!


  This kid cracks me up!!

   You know who else cracks me up?? Kevin. I love hearing the pearls of wisdom he tells Tripp on almost a daily basis. He's hilarious!

  Alright, he's awake from his nap and I can't stave off the need to hold him any longer. Have a great evening!!

No comments:

Post a Comment